The department of Hindi was established in 1960. Mr Shiv Mohan Singh took charge as the first HOD and the president of the department, who later became the principal of Jawaharlal Nehru PG college of Barabanki. Later on, he was appointed the vice chancellor of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Awadh University. Then after the responsibility of the Hindi department was taken by Shri Awadh Bihari Choubey. After his tenure MrMansoorul Hasan took charge as the president of the department. Dr Najmul Hasan undertook the responsibility of the department after Mr Hasan. Dr Najma Rizwi along with Mrs.Huzoor Fatima and Mrs Rana Naqwi offered their service to the department from 1984 onwards. Thereafter Dr Badshah Hussain served the department. Dr Najmul Hasan Rizwiwas the head of the Department till 2020 and during the same period he held the prestigious post of Vice principal of the Shia PG College. Currently Dr Sayyed SaifiHaider Aamil is the HOD along with assistant professors Dr Nagina Bano, Alok Yadav and Archana Singh. Since the establishment of the department till 2018 the department has been engaged in imparting education to the graduation classes as per the annual syllabus. After the implementation of the semester system from the session 2018-19 learning teaching has been going on in the Hindi department accordingly. An add on course on Hindi print media is being conducted in the department from this session onwards.
- To provide value added education to the students of Hindi department.
- To develop interest among the students towards Hindi language and literature.
- To make futuregenerations a responsible citizen by connecting them with culture through improving their level of sensitivity and expression.
- To create beautiful intellect society and nation by equipping the students with human values through education of literature and language.
- Planning to conduct masters’ classes in Hindi department in the coming years.
- To conduct interviews of various personalities of Hindi literature and art with the students.
- To introduce innovative changes to the Hindi department through research and development.
- To develop Hindi department as a Centre for excellence.
- To organize annual events relating to various subjects on Hindi literature and arts in the name of kateeb -e- akbar maulana Mirza Mohd Athar conference.
- To provide guidance to the students keeping in view the laid down syllabus.
- To arrange the interview of the students with the subject matter as per the laid down syllabus.
- Awareness about the various genres of contemporary literature and arts.
- To organize special invitee lecture on the subject.
- To organize conferences and lectures on the subject.
- To pave way for the employment of the students.
- To develop fellowship among the students.
- To increase awareness towards the language and culture.
- To make aware the students regarding the welfare world
- To develop linguistic identity and native consciousness with socio cultural aspects.
- To make one aware of language and its constitutional values for nation building.