Unity and Discipline
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
- To create human resources of organized, trained, and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life, and always be available in the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
CARDINALS OF DISCIPLINE :
Obey with a smile
Work hard and without fuss
Make no excuses and tell no lies
OUR MOTTO :
- We Can We Will
- To obey God’s order as delivered by conscience,that is duty.
- To obey man’s order as issued by rightful authority,that is discipline.
- Unless the lesson of duty is first well learned, the lesson of discipline can be but imperfectly understood.
- CPF-Assistant Commandant (CRPF,BSF,ITBP,SSB)
- College Admission.
- Benefits in Government Jobs (class I to IV Examination).
- Private Companies Prefer candidates to return from the Republic Day Parade.
- Helpful in national sports like shooting.
- Adventure sports like Parasailing, Water Rafting, Horse Riding, Rock Climbing, Mountain expeditions, and Cycle Expeditions.
- Helpful in jobs in Police Forces.
- Benefits in General Duty Army Forces.
- Increases Discipline, Unity, Leadership, Comradeship, etc in Youth.
- Candidates can participate in Both National and International Camps like RDC, NIC, Tracking, Mountaineering, shipping, and Camel safari. Youth Exchange Program (YEP) in countries like the UK, Canada, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, Singapore, etc.
- Cadets are attached to regular Army Units for gaining Knowledge about the Indian Army.
- Camps like IMA attachment are very helpful.
- An SSB course in OTA is also very helpful for the development of cadets.
- Reservation in Engineering College.
- Cadets can get scholarships through
- NCC Welfare Society.
- Many private companies like Sahara India, and Reliance.
- VC Scholarship, Defence Minister Scholarship & Medals, and Prime Minister Award is only for NCC cadets. A basic leadership camp is held at Tamil Nadu.
- Help to groom the personality and improve the skills of men management.
SHIA COLLEGE HISTORY
Keeping the best tradition of prophet Mohammad (A.S.) who said,” to seek knowledge and learning is obligatory for all Muslim men and women.”His daughter Fatima (S.A.)and his twelve successors(A.S.) the first of whom Hazrat Ali (A.S.) said “Let no child remain uneducated while I hold the regins of power”. As such the idea of starting a degree college at Lucknow was approved by the leader of the Shia Community in year 1915.
Shia College started as a school in 1919.The classes were temporarily arranged in the premises of Asif Imambara (Bara Imambara and Roomi Darwaza).The College rose to the status of an Intermediate college in 1922.
In 1942, Shia College was one of the first three colleges of Lucknow to be found suitable for the purpose.
COLLEGE NCC HISTORY
NCC was launched in 1949 with only one NCC unit,i.e. 6, UP Bn NCC, in Lucknow University. Lucknow Group being one of the largest groups with 10 units under its command is providing NCC coverage in the districts of Lucknow, Sitapur, Lakhimpur Khiri, Hardoi, Barabanki, and Raebareli. NCC activities have been extended to schools and 97 colleges.
NCC was established in 1987 by the name of 63 UP BN NCC. Presently college has one platoon of 55 cadets and 50 cadets attached with 3 UP NAVAL UNIT and 10 cadets attached with 5 AIR Sqn. Presently the demand for one platoon of Army and naval wings is in process .63 UP BN NCC i.e. Shia P.G. College NCC is one of the best units in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, and our many ex-cadets has been selected in IMA/OTA/NA/AFA and Para Military forces and civil forces.